Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Progress - or not.

Hi. Not much forward momentum on the thesis, though I've been sitting with it, and have managed to write a few more sentences. This is one of the most nerve-wracking things I've ever done, and though I'm pleased with my thinking on the subject, I feel like all the angst and carrying on and trouble has been pretty pointless. It's really just a paper. It has a lot of symbolic meaning tied to it, and the content has a lot of emotional meaning, but at the end of the day, it's just words on paper. I know I can do this, and yet I've given myself pretty much no time to produce the bulk of it I need to by Thursday. I've been sitting with it all day so far, and I'll have to get going to meet my carpool for class in about an hour. Then there's small blocks of time tonight, tomorrow morning, and Thursday morning til early afternoon before it needs to be done, as in done. ((Big breath!))

There are so many other things I want to write about, and I'm so relieved that it's almost over. I've been jotting down ideas for both blogs, and I've been stealing time to fill in pieces of my 2008 Wrap, which will be in full production before ya know it (the year's half-over already, people!) And then there's the semblance of summer before I've got to gear up for the dreaded job search (more on why I'm dreading it another time.)

Sigh.

No comments: