Friday, March 07, 2008

Nervous Energy

I'm not generally an insomniac, so it's kinda odd for me to be wide awake at 4:00am. It's a good kind of nervous in ways: we just got word, like yesterday, that the whole grad psych program is being transferred out to another university, and we have to fax in the registration papers by today at noon. Orientation is Thursday, and classes are supposed to start the following Tuesday. Big, big sigh of relief, yes, and at the same time, I'm so jumpy. Since starting the bookkeeping job just a couple weeks ago, my anxiety level has been through the roof.

There are a number of factors at play right now. Not only has the school situation moved abruptly from a lazy depressed stasis to a frenzy of registration deadlines, I'm also in the process of starting the grief group at the clinic, and saying good bye to my very first therapy client, whose last session is today. There are more kinds of grief than seeing someone die; there's also the kind of mourning when someone goes away.

My heightened energy also accounts for or has been stoked by a new project of mine. If you haven't stumbled upon it yet, feel free to swing over to my new blog and read all about my obsessions with food, my body, my health, and my reluctant desire to lose weight. All served up, if you will, with my own special sauce of chronic skepticism, critique, and celebration. Don't worry, though, Toothpicklabeling is still very much alive. Where else would you find all the grad school angst, popculture fetishes, and minutia of my daily life in one tidy online package?

I love my readers! Thanks for being there.

xo
Bree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one day i would love to track you down and make you shrink my brain.

Bree said...

Heh - I'll do it for free sometime over a tanqueray and tonic. :)

Anonymous said...

all so large!! keep on!!!! this sweet sometime_sad planet flippin needs you!

- scmend