Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Highlights

* Coming home from work to see Astrid dressed in tight black tights, a Batman (or Girl) t-shirt, tiny yellow shorts, and thigh-high black boots.

* Buying treats at the local health food store and offering one to a kid dressed as Spiderman as we were walking home. (He recoiled - don't you know you're not supposed to take candy from strangers?)

* Making out with Astrid in her tiny yellow shorts and tight black tights on the couch, waiting for guests to arrive.

* Eating chocolate and drinking whiskey at the same time.

* Seeing Dave dressed as his own Facebook page.

* Talking to Calisto about the racist, classist, and basically totally fucked up doctrine of a certain Russian-turned-Texan physics professor...

* ...And then getting a text message from Spider in Seattle who was, at that moment, witnessing what she described as a "straight man dressed as a leather daddy," performing the song All my Exes Live in Texas at a karaoke bar.

Happy Halloween, y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about Ron Paul? If so, I would love your talking points because I tend to encounter people who, like myself, are fed up with the two-party (or really one-party) political system and want an alternative...who then go on to totally lose me by being enamoured of Ron Paul. I would love a canned spiel for those moments.

Bree said...

No no no! Not the same guy at all. I didn't name him 'cause I wasn't sure of the spelling of his name; it's something like Zalsburg. I couldn't find any web links for him either, but I was probably unmotivated late Friday night when I wrote the entry. I don't really know anything about Ron Paul, but the libertarian-leaning thing is interesting. It gets associated with conservatism, but it doesn't have to be. I think libertarian ideas are really useful with certain issues, for instance, stay the fuck out of my bedroom. But I guess Paul is a republican and uses libertarianism when it suits a particular stance. I'm not sure, for instance, how he can be anti-abortion if he's so libertarian, but whatever.