Monday, April 16, 2007

Chicken Breast Envy

What would happen if I actually bothered to write a little snippet on a daily or almost-daily basis? Would my entries all suck? Hmm...

Tonight, I got home from work, and DJ was here, having beers with Astrid. A was prepped to make her deee-licicious saffron rice pilaf, but needed onions and parsley from the store. We'd pulled out a couple o' skinless chicken breasts, and I was gonna make my yummy Michael Chiarello recipe, except healthier (usually use the whole chicken, which is fan-fucking-finger-licking-tastic). So I went to ye ol' supermarket across the way and picked up the ingredients for the rice and some salad things and some more skinless breasts.

The meal was tastey! I'm pleased to report that the healthy way is darned good (but certainly not as wonderful as the whole, crispy bird, with all that mouth-watering fresh rosemary, lemon zest, and salt encrusting and sealing the skin so the juices are bursting with every...oh god, make it stop! Yeah, the skinless breasts were...pretty good.

We three then watched the next installment in the Buffy marathon, on disc two of Season 3, Band Candy. Great episode (link has spoilers).

Should go to bed now.

'Night!

--Bree

No comments: