Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bloggage


I love social networking, and I use it to good effect, I think. But I hate that Facebook and Twitter have pulled some of the life out of my blogging here at Toothpick Labeling. It's true, FB and Twitter are tools that I've used to build and promote my more recent blog, a blog that I can't link here because it's attached to my "real" identity (for those who haven't caught on, "Bree" ain't my real name). In order to keep personal subjects somewhat anonymous, at least to all you readers who don't know me in the flesh, I've sacrificed some serious cross-marketing potential for my other blog by not promoting it here. If you're curious about the contents of said blog (they're of a subjective-popculty-music oriented nature), and would like to know the URL, feel free to drop me a line and introduce yourself, and I'll float it your way (if you're nice!). I'm reachable at bree_zip@yahoo.com.

So I think this entry really is somewhat of a 2010 resolution: I'd like to get back into blogging more at TLab. Reflections on daily life, emotional states, health issues, political gripes, cultural and philosohical obsessions, love life updates, the process of becoming a shrink, vintage anecdotes, and the ilk, have been neglected far too long. I'd like to expand on some of the spontaneous ideas that I jot down so noncommitally in my FB updates, and, by gum, this is the forum for it.

Many of you, I know, are also anxiously awaiting the behemoth entry we've all come to know and love as the Year-End Wrap, and writing here more frequently is part of my master plan to make that project a bit less of a behemoth. Example: for the last couple years, I've been saying to myself, "Well if you just take a few minutes to review a movie right after you see it, you'll save yourself the deadline scramble come January. Sheesh!" To that end, look for more entries of brevity about daily goings on and cultural consumption that will ultimately be linked back to in the next Wrap. This is the concept, anyway. We'll see about the follow-through.

As always, thanks for being out there, y'all.

xo
The one who calls herself Bree.

2 comments:

Jack Slowriver said...

I look forward to more toothpick labeling. I keep my blog sort of anonymous for the same reasons.

Bree said...

Word, Jacket. Thanks for reading, you.