Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dispatch from the Cruz

Hello one and all,

I'm spending the weekend with my pals Exene and Oliver here in my erstwhile hometown of Santa Cruz. Once E & O's friend S. gets here, we will sup downtown at a new Pakistani restaurant, new since I last lived in this town some eight years ago. Astrid is on a teaching gig in Oklahoma, and I miss her. There's so much to tell, and I'm working on an epic blog entry about some of the thrilling updates in our lives. Mainly, I'm referring to the whole polyamory thing, blown wide open since L.'s visit from Germany. Suddenly I have tangible glimmers of life as I've ideally wanted to live it my entire adult existence: to be very committed and still head-over-ass in love with Astrid, and to experience the incredible joy and titillation, and also the struggle of owning all my own authentic fears about sharing the woman I love with other people who she might grow to love as well. There is something both altruistic and keenly selfish about cultivating my polyness: I get to support Astrid in her loving adventures with other people, and of course, I get to have some of m'own.

Goddamn, I'm hungry. Pakistani food sounds just right.

xo
Bree

No comments: