Thursday, May 17, 2007

Master and Servant

Yesterday was a day of celebration in the Astrid-Bree household: Ms. Astrid took her oral exam and is now an M.A. in comparative literature!! She read a core book list of thirty works and had to prepare a 20-minute presentation in a specialty area. Yeah, she's smart 'n' shit. Yesterday proved big for me, too: I got a phone call from the clinic director of an M.F.T. training program where I interviewed this week letting me know they want me to come work with them! I start the internship in August! So, while Astrid is now a master, I have become an indentured servant, and will be working 20 to 25 hours a week at the clinic for free. And getting good clinical training, I remind myself.

Astrid and I celebrated by eating orgasmic tapas at Ramblas and getting drinks with Calisto, Dave, DJ, and Raquel at the Lex.

Anyway, hurrah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Bree said...

thanks thanks thanks, man!