Sunday, December 02, 2007

Three More Days

...of staring at a blank screen. Of making chocolate chip cookies, playing my guitar, playing Dr. Mario, building my library on Shelfari, of eating everything in sight. Of doing anything, everything, but writing my damned thesis.

Okay, I have done something. I've culled all the random notes I've jotted down in the books I've read, in articles, in spiral notebooks, on lil post-its. I've typed all those disparate notes into my thesis draft, there for organizing, embellishing, expanding upon. Four pages of notes in all, not bad for a pile of disparate notes. I've also got about three pages of intro, and a few usable pages of lit review, which also have to be organized, and woven into a semi-coherent structure, together with my "original" (laughs) thoughts and then I'll have a first draft on my hands. It'll be a thin, barely adequate first draft, but a first draft it shall be. To be handed in no later than Thursday.

Plus, Astrid is in Boise, on a teaching gig, and I am so relentlessly horny for her. I can't even get a good procrastinatory screw in til Tuesday evening. Bah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, a draft is a draft is a draft...and once you have that firt one on paper, however paltry or scrambled it seems, the whole process becomes SO MUCH easier. I won't go so far as to say smooth sailing, but it really gives you some pavement to roll on.