Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to Skewl

Had my first day of school today, with the end of summer on my mind. This song's been in my head all day.* Had me a blast, I did. Off the top, this is what I did this summer:

- went camping a couple times
- started a nerdy alumni site for my Jewish camp friends
- started my clinical internship
- watched a lot of Buffy
- read a bit for my thesis
- started taking ballroom dance lessons with the GF!
- put all my old photos into albums
- made out with Olivia Newton-John under the dock

We had one class tonight. I think I'm gonna like our new instructor for family therapy; she's a no-bullshit kinda lady. The other thing that happened at school was that the dean of our department assured us that even though our hippy-ass college is under probation and may lose its accreditation, our degrees won't be affected. As long as we are enrolled in an accredited college, she tells us, we're covered. Future students might not fare so well. I'll keep you all posted, naturally.

*Note: link changed from original. Now, watch the stop-motion Lego version of "Summer Nights" from Grease - it's hilarious. Something sublime about little lego men saying, "You got in her drawers, right?"

No comments: