Sunday, June 03, 2007

Rosebud

Hanging out at Muddy's, attempting to write a self-evaluation paper on my clinical skills in identifying and working with clients' substance abuse issues. Mag'll be here pretty soon and then we're going to the Castro to see Citizen Kane on the big screen. Exciting - he's never seen it before! I've only seen it once, so it'll be great to see it again and be able to absorb more of the details in the plot, in the filming, in the performances.

Yesterday, Astrid, Bob, DJ, and I went to a softball game organized by some friends of Astrid's. Calisto and Dave were there, too. The latent softball dyke in me came out in full color, and I found myself almost involuntarily yelling shit like, "Good eye!" and "Way to hustle!" I haven't played the game since probably 1988. I found that all my skills--hitting, catching, throwing--had atrophied, but I can still hold my own "for a girl." After about an hour and a half on the field, I began playing better, but by that time I was pretty tired. Definitely have to do it again sometime.

After the game, Astrid, DJ, Bob and I went over to Calisto and Dave's for yummy mushroom soup and a screening of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. It was definitely my favorite in the Star Trek movie saga. Humpback whales save the Earth, dude - who could not love that shit? Probably not quite the calibur of Citizen Kane, but hey, I'm an ecclectic film lover.

6 comments:

Dani said...

actually, it's spelled "hustle."

{smirk}

Bree said...

Hee! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea there was this softball coach side to you, Bree. Wonders never cease.

Bree said...

You think you know someone after 20 years, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

I have long been curious about the softball / dyke connection. Someday, you must promise to explain this infamous association to me...

The other Olga said...

Computer? Hello, computer!