Sunday, March 25, 2007

What I'm doing instead of writing my term paper...

It's not like the topic is bland or anything: development psychology and queerness, basically. I'm working with a classmate on a paper and class presentation due on Thursday. What have I done today, my last free day to work on it?

- dustbustered the stairway
- installed a coat rack in the hall
- ate oatmeal w/ Astrid
- played around on Myspace, Friendster, and Orkut (and deleted my account on the latter)
- took a bath
- read Rolling Stone.

It's the last week of the term. I have an interview for a clinical internship next week. It's at a hospice program, which is one of the areas in which I'm most interested in working. Scary, though--the idea of several or all of my clients dying during the course of the year I'd be working with them. Strangely enough, working with dying and grieving people seems to me some of the work that I'm most suited for. I have yet to grasp how many of my old emotional buttons this will push.

Off to waste more time before sitting down with the paper.

xo

Bree

2 comments:

Dani said...

what i did this weekend instead of working on my paper:

*finally burned that effing CD i've been promising you for, like, ever.

was going to offer to bring it by yesterday but you sounded a bit too distractable, so i refrained.

{smooch}

Anonymous said...

my plants were never so well cared for as when i had term papers due.